NEW Claimant Count Annual Average Maps - Updated for 2014
Next Northern Ireland Labour Market Report: 16th December 2015
Latest Labour Market Report
- Northern Ireland Labour Market Report November 2015
- LMR Headline tables November 2015
- Changes to the Labour Market Report explained
Notice of delay of the Northern Ireland Quarterly Employment Service statistics
- The Northern Ireland Quarterly Employment Survey (QES) statistics were originally due to be published on 16th September but have been delayed to allow additional quality assurance checks to be conducted
At a glance
Labour Force Survey
- The unemployment rate for the period July - September 2015 was estimated at 5.9%
- The number of persons in employment in the period July - September 2015 was estimated at 816,000
- The NI economic inactivity rate at July - September 2015 for those aged 16-64 stood at 27.7%
- The seasonally adjusted claimant count decreased by 1,000 from last month's revised total. It now stands at 39,700 (4.4% of the workforce) in October 2015
Quarterly Employment Survey
- The estimated seasonally adjusted employee jobs total in Northern Ireland at March 2015 was 721,410
Composite Economic Index
- The Northern Ireland Composite Economic Index (NICEI) results show that NI economic activity decreased marginally (by 0.1%) in real terms between the first and second quarter of 2015.
Index of Services
- Provisional results form the Index of Services for the second quarter of 2015 reported an increase 0.5% over the quarter
Index of Production
- Provisional results from the seasonally adjusted Index of Production (IOP) for the second quarter of 2015 show that output in NI decreased by 1.9% over the quarter.
Index of Construction
- The total volume of construction output in Northern Ireland in the second quarter of 2015 increased by 2.0% compared to Q1 2015 and was 18.0% higher compared to the same quarter in 2014.
Annual Survey of Hours and Earnings (ASHE)
- Over the year to April 2014 median gross weekly earnings for all employees (i.e. both full and part-time) in NI decreased by 2.2% (to £358)
- There were 198 confirmed redundancies in October 2015. There has been an overall decrease of 9% in the number of confirmed redundancies over the last year to 31st October 2015 – 1,915 compared to 2,093 in the previous year.