NEW Claimant Count Annual Average Maps - Updated for 2014
Next Northern Ireland Labour Market Report: 18th May 2016
Latest Labour Market Report
At a glance
Labour Force Survey
- The unemployment rate for the period December – February 2016 was estimated at 6.3%
- The number of persons in employment in the period December – February 2016 was estimated at 834,000
- The NI economic inactivity rate at December – February 2016 for those aged 16-64 stood at 26.3%
- The seasonally adjusted claimant count increased by 200 from last month's revised total. It now stands at 38,600 (4.3% of the workforce) in March 2016
Quarterly Employment Survey
- The estimated seasonally adjusted employee jobs total in Northern Ireland at December 2015 was 730,410
Composite Economic Index
- The Northern Ireland Composite Economic Index (NICEI) results show that over the last year the Northern Ireland economy was estimated to have grown by 0.9% from Quarter 4 (October – December) 2014 to Quarter 4 2015.
Index of Services
- Provisional results from the Index of Services for the fourth quarter (Oct-Dec) of 2015 showed that output, in real terms, increased over the quarter by 0.6%. This is comparable to the increase for the UK as a whole (0.7%) over the same time period
Index of Production
- Provisional results from the seasonally adjusted Index of Production (IOP) for the fourth quarter (Oct-Dec) of 2015 show that output levels increased by 1.3% over the quarter while output in the UK as a whole decreased by 0.4%.
Index of Construction
- The total volume of construction output in Northern Ireland in the final quarter of 2015 decreased by 1.7% compared to Q3 2015 but was 3.0% higher compared to the same quarter in 2014.
Annual Survey of Hours and Earnings (ASHE)
- In April 2015 median gross weekly earnings for full-time employees were £485, up 5.4% from £460 in 2014.
- There were 212 confirmed redundancies in March 2016.
- There has been a 6% increase in the number of confirmed redundancies over the last year to 31st March 2016 – 2,159 compared to 2,030 in the previous year