Tourism Statistics are produced by a team within the Economic and Labour Market Statistics Branch (ELMS) which is part of the Northern Ireland Statistics and Research Agency (NISRA). This team is responsible for producing official tourism statistics on Northern Ireland. This includes statistics on the performance of hotels, guesthouses, B&Bs and self-catering establishments; the number of visitors to attractions; overseas visitors; and domestic tourism. You can keep up-to-date with all our recent publications by following us on twitter: @ELMSNISRA
Guide to Surveys
The Tourism Statistics Guide to Surveys can be accessed by clicking the link below:
The Tourism Statistics Publication Schedule 2014-2015 can be accessed by clicking on the link below:
Statistics Research Publications
The latest quarterly tourism statistics were published on 22 January 2015. The publication can be accessed at-
The supporting microdata and tables can be accessed below.
- Northern Ireland Tourism Statistics Microdata Q2 2010 - Q3 2014 (Excel 1.1 MB)
- Northern Ireland Tourism Statistics Additional Tables (Excel 108 KB)
Tourism statistics up to quarter 2 2014 were published on 23rd October 2014
Tourism statistics up to Quarter 1 2014 were published on 17 July 2014
Local Government District Publication 2013
The latest Local Government District Tourism Statistics 2013 for Northern Ireland were published on 27 November 2014. The publication can be accessed at-
The supporting 2013 tables (with revised 2011 and 2012 figures) can be accessed below-
- Northern Ireland Local Government District Tourism Statistics additional tables 2013 (Excel 1003 KB)
- Northern Ireland Key Destination Area Tourism Statistics additional tables 2013 (Excel 80 KB)
- Northern Ireland Local Government District Tourism Statistics Microdata 2013 (Excel 247 KB)
- Northern Ireland Local Government District Tourism Statistics additional tables 26 LGDs 2013 (Excel 118 KB)
- Tourism NI's Local Goverment District Factcards 2011-2013
Infographics on the annual tourism statistics (January - December) 2013 published on 18 July 2014
The Annual Statistics publication (publised 29 May 2013) can be accessed at
Tourism statistics are circulated to a limited number of pre release access recipients in line with the Pre Release Access to Official Statistics Order (Northern Ireland) 2009. The NISRA statistics publication relating to tourism activity from October 2012 to September 2013 published at 9.30am on the 6th February was accidently circulated by DETI to a number of other officials who were not already included on the pre release access list, prior to the publication (at c. 4pm 5th February).
Full details and steps to prevent the re-occurrence of this breach are available at http://www.statisticsauthority.gov.uk/assessment/code-of-practice/breach-reports/index.html
- Northern Ireland Tourism Statistics October 2012 to September 2013 (PDF 168 KB)
- Northern Ireland Tourism Statistics July 2012 to June 2013 (PDF 613 KB)
The Q1 2013 quarterly tourism statistics were published on 27 September 2013
- Northern Ireland Tourism Statistics April 2012 to March 2013 (PDF 230 KB)
The 2012 annual statistics were published on 4 July 2013.
- Developing Tourism Statistics (PDF 183 KB)
- Click on this link for guidance notes on 'Measuring Tourism locally'.
Contact DetailsJoanne Henderson
Tel: 02890 529585