Tourism Statistics Branch are responsible for producing official tourism statistics on Northern Ireland. This includes statistics on:
- the performance of hotels, guesthouses, B&Bs and self catering establishments;
- the number of visitors to attractions;
- overseas visitors; and
- domestic tourism.
Northern Ireland annual tourism statistics for 2012 will be published on the 6th June. The publication will include annual figures for GB, overseas, Republic of Ireland and domestic visitors as well as annual occupancy and visitor attraction figures. The date of publication has been re-scheduled from the 9th May to allow annual figures relating to Republic of Ireland visitors to Northern Ireland produced by the Central Statistics Office to be incorporated. The NISRA annual tourism publication for 2012 will also include revised estimates for the 2011 Northern Ireland Passenger Survey.
Tourism Performance Estimates
A summary of overseas & domestic visitors, accommodation occupancy and tourism & leisure employee jobs.
- Preliminary 2011 performance estimates (12.4.12)
Visitors from Great Britain and overseas
- January-September 2012 - provisional (22.11.12)
- Revised estimates - GB and overseas visitors 2010, 2011 (15.11.12)
Quarterly performance estimates
- January - September 2011 (5.1.12)
- January - March 2012 (27.7.12 -(first published 5.7.12))
- January - June 2012 (13.9.12)
Latest year-to-date estimates
Annual Survey results
Please contact us at: TourismStatistics@detini.gov.uk