[18-03-2009] Advance notification of redundancies - form
Employment Rights (Northern Ireland) Order 1996 (Amended 8 October 2006)
Advance notification of redundancies
What you are required to do
As an employer, you are required by law from 8th October 2006 to notify the Department of a proposal to make redundant 20 or more employees
a) before giving notice to terminate an employee's contract of employment in respect of any of these dismissals and
b) within a 90 day period as follows-
· If 20 to 99 redundancies may occur at one establishment, you must notify us at least 30 days before the first dismissal.
· If 100 or more redundancies may occur at one establishment, you must notify us at least 90 days before the first dismissal.
· We will treat the date on which we receive your completed form as the date of notification.
How to complete this form
· Please type or write your answers in CAPITAL letters and tick boxes where appropriate.
· If there is not enough space for your answers, please use a separate sheet of paper and attach it to this form.
· You must send a copy of this notification to the representatives of the employees being consulted.
· If the circumstances outlined in this form change, please notify us immediately.