Quarterly Employment Survey
Quarterly Employment Survey Latest Results - Published 18th March 2015
- Seasonal adjusted estimates from the Quarterly Employment Survey showed that there were 720,130 employee jobs in December 2014. This represented an increase of 1,280 jobs (0.2%) over the quarter and an annual increase of 11,990 jobs (1.7%).
- Over the latest quarter, seasonally adjusted employee jobs increased in the manufacturing sector by 2.8% (2,150 jobs). There were decreases in the services sector by -0.1% (-540 jobs), in the construction sector by -0.7%(-190 jobs) and in the ‘other industries’ sector by -0.6% (-140 jobs). The public sector jobs increased by 0.3% (550 jobs) while the private sector jobs experienced a decrease (-0.1% or -270 jobs) over the same period.
- The annual increase in jobs (11,990 jobs) was driven primarily by an increase in the service sector jobs (10,080 jobs). There was also an increase in the manufacturing sector (3,150 jobs). The construction sector experienced a decrease (-1,240 jobs) whilst the ‘other industries’ sector remained unchanged. The public sector decreased by 300 jobs over the year, this decrease can be largely explained by the reclassification from the public sector to the private sector of Lloyds Banking Group. The public sector jobs now stand at 5.8% lower (-13,120 jobs) than the series peak at September 2009. The private sector was up 12,210 jobs over the year, but remains 1.5% (-7,920 jobs) lower than the series peak in June 2008.
Current Press Release
Quarterly Employment Survey (QES) Tables
Industry Split Tables
Public - Private Sector Tables
|Table 5.9||NI Public Sector Jobs (Unadjusted) - December 2014|
|Table 5.10||NI Employee Jobs - Seasonally Adjusted (Public / Private) 1993 - 2014|
|Table 5.11||NI Employee Jobs - Unadjusted (Public / Private) 1993 - 2014|
Other Quarterly Employment Survey Publications
- Labour Market Report (Section 5) - December 2014
- Quarterly Employment Survey (QES) Statistical Bulletin - December 2014
Northern Ireland Quarterly Employment Survey Historical Data
|Table 5.12||NI Employee Jobs June 1971 - December 2014 - by SIC code|
|Table 5.13||NI Employee Jobs June 1978 - December 2014 - by broad industry sector (Excel 64 KB)|
|Table 5.14||NI Employee Jobs - Public Sector - June 1974 - December 2014|
- Quarterly Employment Survey Background Information
- Revisions to Quarterly Employment Survey Estimates
- User Feedback Form (PDF 26 KB)
- Northern Ireland Quarterly Employment Survey Historical and Archived Data
- Discontinuity in Quarterly Employment Survey (QES) Estimates
Contact DetailsCaroline Anderson
Tel: 02890 529484
If you would like to be added to a mailing list and receive the latest publications on the day they publish please email: email@example.com with the title of the publications you would like to receive.