Inter Departmental Business Register
Latest Results - Published 4th February 2015
- In March 2014 there were 67,710 businesses operating in Northern Ireland registered for VAT and/or PAYE, compared with 67,745 in March 2013, a fall of around 0.1%.
- Belfast District Council accounted for the largest proportion (12.9%) of VAT and/or PAYE registered businesses in Northern Ireland, followed by Newry and Mourne (6.8%). Carrickfergus had the lowest proportion with just 1.1%.
- Agriculture, forestry and fishing was the largest single industry group in Northern Ireland representing 25.0% of all businesses operating in Northern Ireland that are registered for VAT and/or PAYE.
- Construction sector has experienced the largest decline of all industries since 2009 and now 3,100 fewer businesses operating in Northern Ireland that are registered for VAT and/or PAYE, a decline of 25.3%.
- Around 47% of VAT and/or PAYE registered businesses operating in Northern Ireland had a total turnover of less than £100,000, with less than 10% having a total turnover exceeding £1 million.
- Businesses with total employment of less than 50 people accounted for around 98% of VAT and/or PAYE registered businesses operating in Northern Ireland. Businesses with total employment of less than 10 accounted for around 87%.
IDBR Tables from Edition 17 - Facts & Figures
|1||VAT and/or PAYE tables 2014|
|2||Business Demography tables 2013 (Excel 353 KB)|
|3||Foreign Ownership tables 2014 (Excel 176 KB)|
Contact DetailsJonathan Harvey
Tel: 02890 529474
If you would like to be added to a mailing list and receive the latest publications on the day they publish please email: email@example.com with the title of the publications you would like to receive.