Index of Production
Latest Results - Published 17th June 2015
- Provisional results from the seasonally adjusted Index of Production (IOP) for the first quarter of 2015 show that output levels increased by 3.7% over the quarter while output in the UK as a whole rose by 0.2%.
- In the latest quarter, three of the four main production sectors reported increases: manufacturing output rose by 4.0%, electricity, gas, steam and air conditioning supply increased by 3.0% and output from the mining and quarrying sector rose by 7.4%. Water supply and waste management output fell by 2.8%.
- Over the year NI production levels increased by 5.1%; the UK recorded a rise of 1.0%.
- Output in the production sector increased by 3.6% over the latest four quarters compared to the previous four quarters and the UK as a whole increased by 1.4%.
- In this quarter, the NI index is at its highest level yet (at 107.8); the UK index remains 10.2% below its peak recorded in Q4 2007.
- The only sector to show growth over the rolling four quarters was manufacturing which increased by 4.3%. The remaining three sectors showed decline over this period: the electricity, gas, steam and air conditioning supply and water supply fell by 1.1%, mining & quarrying fell by 4.7%, and the sewerage and waste management sector fell by 0.5%.
Index of Production Bulletin and Tables
Contact DetailsJennifer McLoughlin
Tel: 02890 529228
If you would like to be added to a mailing list and receive the latest publications on the day they publish please email: email@example.com with the title of the publications you would like to receive.