Index of Production
Latest Results - Published 17th September 2014
- Provisional results from the seasonally adjusted Index of Production (IOP) for the second quarter of 2014 show that output levels increased by 1.9% over the quarter and output in the UK as a whole increased by 0.3%.
- In the latest quarter, two of the four main production sectors reported increases: manufacturing output rose by 1.7%; water supply and waste management increased by 2.9% whilst the mining and quarrying sector fell by 0.3% and electricity, gas, steam and air conditioning supply fell by 1.1%.
- Over the year NI production levels increased by 6.2%; the UK recorded a rise of 2.1%.
- Output in the production sector increased by 5.1% over the latest four quarters compared to the previous four quarters and the UK as a whole increased by 1.6%. Over a slightly longer time period, the NI index has recovered some 14.8% from the minimum level reached in Q3 2009. However, the NI index still remains slightly below (-3.9%) the peak recorded in Q4 2007. The UK index reported a greater fall of 11.9% over the same time period.
- The best performing sectors over the latest four quarters were manufacturing (5.8%), electricity, gas, steam and air conditioning supply (1.5%) and water supply, sewerage and waste management (1.4%). These increases were offset by a fall in and mining & quarrying of 4.2%.
Current Press Release
Index of Production Bulletin and Tables
Contact DetailsJennifer McLoughlin
Tel: 02890 529228
If you would like to be added to a mailing list and receive the latest publications on the day they publish please email: email@example.com with the title of the publications you would like to receive.