Index of Production
Latest Results - Published 18th March 2015
- Provisional results from the seasonally adjusted Index of Production (IOP) for the fourth quarter of 2014 show that output levels increased by 1.9% over the quarter while output in the UK as a whole rose by 0.2%.
- In the latest quarter, two of the four main production sectors reported increases: manufacturing output rose by 2.3% and water supply and waste management increased by 1.8%. Electricity, gas, steam and air conditioning supply fell by 5.0% while the mining and quarrying sector fell by 14.5%.
- Over the year NI production levels increased by 2.7%; the UK recorded a rise of 1.1%.
- Output in the production sector increased by 3.8% over the latest four quarters compared to the previous four quarters and the UK as a whole increased by 1.6%. Over a slightly longer time period, the NI index has recovered some 14.7% from a minimum level reached in Q3 2009. However, the NI index still remains slightly below (-2.8%) the peak recorded in Q2 2008. The UK index reported a greater fall of 9.5% over the same time period.
- The only sector to show growth over the rolling four quarters was manufacturing, increasing by 4.6%. The remaining three sectors showed decline over this period; mining & quarrying fell by 8.9%; and the electricity, gas, steam and air conditioning supply and water supply, sewerage and waste management sectors both fell by 0.9%.
Current Press Release
Index of Production Bulletin and Tables
Contact DetailsJennifer McLoughlin
Tel: 02890 529228
If you would like to be added to a mailing list and receive the latest publications on the day they publish please email: email@example.com with the title of the publications you would like to receive.