Index of Production
Latest Results - Published 11th June 2014
- Provisional results from the seasonally adjusted Index of Production (IOP) for the first quarter of 2014 show that output levels increased by 0.8% over the quarter and output in the UK as a whole increased by 0.6%.
- In the latest quarter, three of the four main production sectors reported increases: manufacturing output rose by 0.7%; electricity, gas, steam and air conditioning supply increased by 2.8% and the mining and quarrying sector rose by 7.2% whilst water supply and waste management fell by 3.0%.
- Over the year NI production levels increased by 6.2%; the UK recorded a rise of 2.5%.
- Output in the production sector increased by 4.3% over the latest four quarters compared to the previous four quarters and the UK as a whole increased by 0.9%. Over a slightly longer time period, the NI index has recovered some 10.5% from the minimum level reached in Q3 2009. However, the NI index still remains significantly below (-8.4%) the peak recorded in Q4 2007. The UK index reported a greater fall of 12.1% over the same time period.
- The best performing sectors over the latest four quarters were manufacturing (4.9%) and electricity, gas, steam and air conditioning supply (4.0%). These increases were offset by falls in water supply, sewerage and waste management (-2.1%) and mining & quarrying (-3.1%).
Current Press Release
Index of Production Bulletin and Tables
Contact DetailsJennifer McLoughlin
Tel: 02890 529228
If you would like to be added to a mailing list and receive the latest publications on the day they publish please email: email@example.com with the title of the publications you would like to receive.