Census of Employment
Census of Employment Survey Results - Published 31st July 2014
- The total number of employee jobs in September 2013 was 704,017, an increase of 10,934 jobs (1.6%) since September 2011.
- Of the 26 District Council Areas eight recorded a decrease in the number of employee jobs since 2011.
- The largest percentage decreases were recorded in Strabane (2.3% or 207 jobs), Larne (2.2% or 182 jobs) and Ballymoney (1.3% or 90 jobs).
- The largest percentage increases were recorded in Dungannon (9.5% or 1,993 jobs), Moyle (6.2% or 196 jobs) and Craigavon (4.7% or 1,732 jobs).
- Between September 2011 and September 2013, the number of jobs in the Services sector rose by 11,236 jobs (2.0%), the Construction sector decreased by 3,548 jobs (10.8%) and the number of the Manufacturing sector jobs rose by 1,034 (1.4%). The ‘Other’ sector showed an increase of 2,212 jobs (11.1%).
- Between September 2011 and September 2013, there was a decrease in jobs in the Public sector (0.1% or 219 jobs) and a rise in the Private sector (2.3% or 11,153 jobs).
- Between September 2011 and September 2013 both full-time and part-time jobs increased by 6,900 and 4,034 respectively.
- Between September 2011 and September 2013 both male and female jobs increased. Male jobs increased by 7,104 whilst female jobs increased by 3,830.
Current Press Release
Current Press Publication
Census of Employment Tables
Tel: 02890 529474
If you would like to be added to a mailing list and receive the latest publications on the day they publish please email: email@example.com with the title of the publications you would like to receive.