The Northern Ireland Census of Employment
Census of Employment Results - Published 28th September 2012
- The total number of employee jobs in September 2011 was 693,083, a decrease of 11,768 (1.7%) jobs since September 2009.
- Between September 2009 and September 2011, the number of jobs in the Construction sector fell by 3,848 (10.5%) followed by the Services sector which decreased by 7,842 jobs (1.4%) and the number of Manufacturing sector jobs fell by 284 (0.4%). The ‘Other’ sector showed an increase of 205 jobs (1.0%).
- Between September 2009 and September 2011, there were decreases in jobs in both the Public sector (3.7% or 8,169 jobs) and the Private sector (0.7% or 3.599 jobs).
- Full-time jobs decreased by 6,770 while part-time jobs decreased by 4,998.
- Female jobs decreased by 9,103 while male jobs decreased by 2,665.
- Of the 26 District Council Areas nineteen recorded a decrease in the number of employee jobs since 2009, with nine of these showing a percentage fall in jobs greater than the Northern Ireland average.
Current Press Release.
2011 Census of Employment Statistical Press Release (PDF 421 KB)
Census of Employment Tables (New Population)
Census of Employment Publications
Census of Employment Tables (Old Population)
Background To The Northern Ireland Census of Employment
Important Notice - Details of Amendments made to the Northern Ireland Census of Employment Population:
Amendments to the Census of Employment Population (PDF 31 KB)
User Feedback form (PDF 15 KB)
Tel: 02890 529474