Business Register and Employment Survey
The Northern Ireland Business Register and Employment Survey (BRES)
Business Register and Employment Survey Results - Published 4th October 2013
- The total number of employee jobs in September 2012 was 692,516, a decrease of 567 (0.1%) jobs since September 2011.
- Between September 2011 and September 2012, jobs in the Construction sector decreased by 3.9% (1,269 jobs), while there was a decline of 2.9% (2,121 jobs) in the Manufacturing sector and the Service sector grew by 0.1% (573 jobs).
- Between September 2011 and September 2012, the Public sector declined by 0.7% (1,552 jobs), while there was an increase of 0.2% (985 jobs) in the Private sector.
- Part-time jobs decreased by 6,673 while full-time jobs increased by 6,105.
- Female jobs decreased by 3,603 while male jobs increased by 3,035.
- Of the 26 District Council Areas thirteen recorded a decrease in the number of employee jobs since 2011, with twelve of these showing a percentage fall in jobs greater than the Northern Ireland average.
Current Press Release:
2012 Business Register and Employment Survey Statistical Press Release (PDF 376 KB)
Background to the Northern Ireland Business Register and Employment Survey
Tel: 02890 529474
Northern Ireland Statistics and Research Agency (NISRA)
Northern Ireland Neighbourhood Information Service (NINIS)
Office of National Statistics (ONS)
If you would like to be added to a mailing list and receive the latest publications on the day they publish please email: email@example.com with the title of the publications you would like to receive.