Business Register and Employment Survey
Notice of Delay
The Northern Ireland Business Register and Employment Survey (BRES) statistics were originally due to be published on 27th August but have been delayed to allow additional quality assurance checks to be conducted. The new publication date will be the 24th September.
Business Register and Employment Survey Results - Published 4th October 2013
- The total number of employee jobs in September 2012 was 692,516, a decrease of 567 (0.1%) jobs since September 2011.
- Between September 2011 and September 2012, jobs in the Construction sector decreased by 3.9% (1,269 jobs), while there was a decline of 2.9% (2,121 jobs) in the Manufacturing sector and the Service sector grew by 0.1% (573 jobs).
- Between September 2011 and September 2012, the Public sector declined by 0.7% (1,552 jobs), while there was an increase of 0.2% (985 jobs) in the Private sector.
- Part-time jobs decreased by 6,673 while full-time jobs increased by 6,105.
- Female jobs decreased by 3,603 while male jobs increased by 3,035.
- Of the 26 District Council Areas thirteen recorded a decrease in the number of employee jobs since 2011, with twelve of these showing a percentage fall in jobs greater than the Northern Ireland average.
Current Press Release:
|BRES District Council Area by Sex and Work Pattern (Excel 50 KB)||2010-12|
|BRES District Council Area by Headline Industrial Sector (Excel 103 KB)||2010-12|
|BRES District Council Area by Public/Private Split (Excel 45 KB)||2010-12|
|2012 BRES Statistics Bulletin (PDF 2.4 MB)|
|2010 BRES Statistics Bulletin (PDF 296 KB)|
If you would like to be added to a mailing list and receive the latest publications on the day they publish please email: email@example.com with the title of the publications you would like to receive.